Check Key Facts on Govt. of India has Stopped Printing Rs.2000 Currency Notes!
- The government has stopped printing Rs 2,000 notes. Such a rumor was circulating on social media. There were rumors that 2000 notes would be taken away. The government finally clarified the matter.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) said in its annual report that Rs 2,000 notes were not printed in the 2019-20 financial year. However, the Center said that the government has not yet decided to stop printing Rs 2,000 notes. However, the number of note printing has been reduced a lot.
- In the Lok Sabha, Union Minister of State for Finance Anurag Tagore said there was no mention of printing Rs 2,000 notes in the 2019-20 and 2020-21 financial years. However, the government has not yet taken any decision to stop printing Rs 2,000 notes.
- Anurag Tagore further said that the printing of 2000 notes has been stopped keeping in mind the Corona infection. But later it will be introduced step by step.
- It may be mentioned that according to the RBI report, there were 33,632 lakh two thousand taka notes in the market till March 2017, while in March 2019 it decreased to 32,910 lakh. At the end of March 2020, it stood at 26,398 lakhs.
📣 India Live Daily is now on Facebook. Click here to Like & Follow Our Facebook Page (@IndiaLiveDaily) and stay updated with the latest headlines.