HS English Suggestion 2023, wb HS 2023 suggestion english, wb HS english suggestion 2023, HS English Suggestion 2023 PDF Free Download, HS English Suggestion 2023 Download, HS English Suggestion 2023 PDF Free Download with sure common, HS English Suggestion 2023 sure common, Hs English Suggestion 2023 PDF, HS English Suggestion 2023 Free Download, wbchse HS English Suggestion 2023 PDF Free Download
WBCHSE HS English Suggestion 2023 PDF Free Download: English is the Second language subject for the maximum number of students on the HS 2023 Examination. Download the best HS English Suggestion 2023 PDF download & start practising. Learn How to score 90+ marks on HS 2023 English subject. All the suggestions and important questions.
- WB HS English Suggestion 2023 Overview
- WB HS English Exam Syllabus
- WB HS English Exam Question Pattern
- H.S ENGLISH SUGGESTION 2023(WB).
WB HS English Suggestion 2023 Overview
|Suggestion Name||WBCHSE HS English Suggestion 2023|
|Exam||WBCHSE HS Exam 2023|
|Board||WBCHSE (West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education)|
|Subject||English (2nd Language)|
|Exam Date||4th April 2023|
WB HS English Exam Syllabus
Question for WB HS English Exam will come from the Syllabus of their books. Students are advised to follow your Syllabus index page for detailed information on what is included or what is excluded in your exam syllabus.
These chapters are all in your WBCHSE HS English 2nd Language syllabus.
Category-wise details have been given below:
LITERATURE: 50 MARKS
1. The Eyes Have It — Ruskin Bond
2. Strong Roots (An extract from the chapter Orientation from Wings of Fire) — APJ Abdul Kalam.
(Universities Press – 2012 edition) (Chapter I, Page: 3-6 up to paragraph ending with ……’Freedom, happiness and peace of mind’ on page 6)
3. Thank You, Ma’am — Langston Hughes
4. The Three Questions — Leo Tolstoy
1. On Killing a Tree — Gieve Patel
2. Asleep in the Valley — Arthur Rimbaud
3. Shall I Compare Thee — William Shakespeare
4. The Poetry of Earth — J. Keats
The Proposal — Anton Chekhov
LANGUAGE: 30 MARKS
1. Change of Narration
2. Change of voice
3. Transformation of Sentences
a) Simple, Complex, compound sentences
b) Change of Degrees of Comparison
c) Interchange of the parts of speech
d) i) Affirmative to Negative / vice versa
ii) Assertive to Interrogative / vice versa
iii) Assertive to Exclamatory / vice versa
4. Splitting into two simple sentences and Synthesis of Sentences (Joining into Simple and Complex sentences)
5. Fill in the blanks with appropriate articles and/or prepositions
6. Correction of errors (based on):
a) Subject-verb agreement
b) Wrong usage of words
Reading Comprehension (Unseen)
The Unseen Prose Passage will consist of 150-200 words.
Précis writing OR Reporting an event OR letter Writing
A) Précis Writing: 10 marks [Break up of marks: Title = 2 marks + Précis = 8 marks]
WB HS English Exam Question Pattern
Here is a simple table of WB HS English Exam Question Pattern.
|Textual Grammar||10 Marks|
|Unseen Passage||10 Marks|
|ESP (Writing Skills)||10 Marks|
This marks distribution is for HS 2023 English subject provided by the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education (WBCHSE).
H.S ENGLISH SUGGESTION 2023(WB).
Total marks 100-Prose 20 marks.(MCQ :04 + SAQ 04 + Analytic/Descriptive Questions 12 (2×6).Poetry 20 marks same as prose.Drama 10 marks (MCQ 04+Analytic/Descriptive Questions (6×1). . Grammar 10 marks, Writing 10 marks. Unseen 10.Total same as prose.Drama 10 marks (MCQ 04+Analytic/Descriptive Questions (6×1). . Grammar 10 marks, Writing 10 marks. Unseen 10.Total (20+20+10+10+10+10)=80 ,Project, 20 marks.
The Eyes Have It.
MCQ. 1) The girl who got in the train was bidden farewell by
A) her friends B) a servant C) a couple ,probably her parents. D) none of these.
2) The eyes of the narrator were sensitive to
A) darkness C) only light and darkness D) neither light nor darkness D) light.
3) According to Ruskin Bond , the best time for visiting the hills is A) august B) September C) october D) november.
4) The blind girl said that she would get off at
A) Dehra B) Mossoorie C) Nainital D) Sahararanpur
5) The person who broke into the narrator’s reverie
A) the girl B) the new passenger. C) the girl’s aunt D) the girl’s parents.
Analytic/Descriptive Type Questions.
1) “Then I made a mistake”_ Who made the mistake ? Why did he call his action a mistake? How did the speaker make a mistake? How did the speaker get rid of his doubt?
(2) “The man who had entered the compartment broke into my reverie” _ Where does the line occur ?
1) The full name of APJ Abdul Kalam is
A) Atul Prasad Jain Abdul Kalam B) Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam C) A) Atul Prasad Jain Abdul Kalam D) Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam .
2) The name of Abdul Kalam’s mother is
A) Ashimma B) Ashima C) Shiamma D) Himma
3) “My mother’s lineage was the more distinguished.” _ Here’ lineage ‘ means
A) linkage B) family background C) avarage age D) standing in a line.
4) Adversity always presents opportunities for _ A) retrospection B) suspicion C) inspection D) introspection.
5) ‘Strong Root’ is about Abdul Kalam’s
A) collage life B) family background and childhood C) scientific research D) contribution of social welfare.
Analytical/Descriptive Type Questions :
1) “Our locality was predominantly Muslim.”_ Who is the speaker ? How does the speaker describe the locality ? What picture of communal harmony do you find in this description ?
2) “Why don’t you say this to people who come to you for help and advice ?” _ Who asked this and to whom ? What answer did the speaker get ?
You can also download this suggestion in PDF version, then click on the above link to download WBCHSE HS 2022 English Suggestion. Share this post on your social media page to help others.