TechDesk360: The smartphone company Xiaomi Remi has released the android feature update version MIUI 12 on yesterday. The update has been released for several Xiaomi, Redmi, and POCO devices.
The very first batch update of the MIUI 12 version is rolled out for Xiaomi Mi 9, Redmi K20/Mi 9T, and Redmi K20 Pro/Mi 9T Pro models. As it’s already end-June so the first phase of the version MIUI 12 update is now completed.
As by XDA Developers here is the complete details of MIUI 12 Update.
- System animations
- New:All-new physically based animation engine with advanced architecture will refresh your device’s look.
- New: Dynamic window technology takes switching screen orientation to a new level.
- System visuals
- Brand new visual design works for all types of content and languages.
- Magazine-level layouts bring important things into the spotlight and make content structure clear.
- Privacy protection
- New: MIUI 12 is the first Android-based mobile OS that went through the rigorous enhanced privacy protection testing.
- New: Reset your device ID and control how it’s used based on virtual ID technology.
- New: Grant permissions that will be used only while you’re using an app.
- New: You can also grant permissions just once, and decide again next time a permission is required.
- New: Restrict access to telephony to third party apps.
- New: Return blank messages to the apps that require personal information.
- New: Receive notifications whenever apps record audio, use camera, or access your location.
- New: Use secure sharing to control what additional data is sent along with shared items.
- New: Get comprehensive stats on how apps use permissions in app behavior history.
- New: Visit privacy.miui.com to learn how MIUI protects your privacy. Optimization: Apps aren’t allowed to launch other apps in the background now.
- AI Call Assistant
- New: Mi AI can answer your calls now!
- New: You can record a customized greeting that will be played to the other person during AI calls.
- New: Customized greetings are also supported for outgoing calls.
- Xiaomi Health
- New: All-new Xiaomi Health gives you more options and makes your health stats more accurate.
- New: Put your device next to you before falling asleep to analyze your sleep cycle and record talking and snoring.
- New: You can sync data with supported wearable and smart home devices.
- New: Xiaomi Health can remind you to stand up and move when it detects that you’ve been sitting down for too long.
- New: The app also analyzes your stats and gives you simple health advice.
- Control center
- New: Swipe down from the upper right corner of your screen to open Control center.
- New: Animated icons are a joy to look at!
- New: Mi Ditto combines dictation and speech output, making mobile devices more convenient for people who have difficulties using conventionally designed smartphones.
- New: Traffic and suggested routes to airports and train stations.
- New: You can track your previous trips now.
- New: Checklists for trips.
- New: Alarms for train arrivals.
- Mi Carrier Services
- New: View your SIM balance and mobile data usage stats.
- New: Save frequently used phone numbers to top up balance and buy mobile data later.
- New: Buy SIM cards and services.
- New: Promotional messages are grouped according to their content now.
- Status bar, Notification shade New:
- All-new design.
- New: New animations bring the weather from outside directly to your screen.
- New: Security introduces new comprehensive privacy protection mechanisms.
- New: Lite mode simplifies your device and brings essential features upfront.
- File Manager
- New: Use the floating shortcut to filter and sort items, as well as switch view.
- New: New layout tailored for landscape orientation is available now.
- New: We added lots of fresh animations that will accompany your actions.
- New: Calendar cards will remind you about important events and anniversaries.
- New: You can create folders with notes now.
- New: New dynamic backgrounds look gorgeous!
- New: Tasks are completed with a satisfying animation now.
- New: Checklists of subtasks make managing your agenda much simpler.
- New: New animations feel natural and refreshing.
- New: Keep your home safe with smart home device alerts.
- New: Binging your favorite shows will be more convenient with our new video toolbox.
- Xiaomi Cloud
- New: Shared family storage plan is available now.
Here is the list of device which have or will have a stable MIUI 12 update.
- Redmi 10X (atom) — Added on 07/23/2020
- Redmi Note 8 Pro (begonia) — Added on 07/01/2020
- Redmi 10X Pro (bomb) — Added on 07/23/2020
- Mi 9 (cepheus) — Added on 06/30/2020
- Mi 10 Pro (cmi) — Added on 06/30/2020
- Mi 9 Pro 5G (crux) — Added on 06/30/2020
- Redmi 9A (dandelion) — Added on 07/28/2020
- Redmi K20 / Mi 9T (davinci) — Added on 06/30/2020
- Mi 8 (dipper) — Added on 07/29/2020
- Mi 9 SE (grus) — Added on 07/23/2020
- Redmi 9 (lancelot) — Added on 07/28/2020
- Redmi Note 7/ Redmi Note 7S (lavender) —Added on 07/21/2020
- Redmi K30 Pro / POCO F2 Pro (lmi) — Added on 06/30/2020
- Redmi Note 9 / Redmi 10X 4G (merlin) — Added on 07/02/2020
- Mi 10 Lite 5G (monet) — Added on 07/20/2020
- Redmi K30 4G / POCO X2 (phoenix) — Added on 06/30/2020
- Redmi K30 5G (picasso) — Added on 06/30/2020
- Redmi K30i 5G (picasso48m) — Added on 07/07/2020
- Redmi K20 Pro / Mi 9T Pro (raphael) — Added on 06/30/2020
- Mi Note 10 / Mi CC9 Pro (tucana) — Added on 07/23/2020
- Mi 10 (umi) — Added on 06/30/2020
- Mi 10 Youth Edition / Mi Note 10 Lite Zoom (vangogh) — Added on 06/30/2020
- Redmi Note 7 Pro (violet) — Added on 07/28/2020
And here is MIUI 12 super wallpaper tweet “An interstellar journey on your phoneRight pointing backhand indexCheck out all you should know about MIUI Super Wallpaper! #MIUI12 #YoursAlone #LifelikeSystem #Masterpiece“
How to Update your Device to MIUI12 Version?
If you have already updated your device to MIUI 12 version then it’s all fine. Enjoy and share how your feeling in the comment box below but if haven’t updated yet to MIUI 12 version. Then, here is a step by step guide which will help you to update your device safely and quickly to MIUI 12 version.
1. Open your phone settings and navigate to About Phone option.
2. Click on System Update or Check for System Updates
3. Then it will take some time to check is the MIUI 12 version is available for your device or not? if yes, you will get then Update now option.
4. Click on Update Now, then leave your phone for sometime. It will complete the update easily.
5. Your phone will be automatically restarted after update. It may take 30 minutes to 2 hours to complete the full update.
Make sure you’re using Wifi or a strong network because the size of the MIUI 12 Version update can be 3-4 GB.
📣 India Live Daily is now on Facebook. Click here to Like & Follow Our Facebook Page (@IndiaLiveDaily) and stay updated with the latest headlines.